Newbie to the brew world and forum!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMJager

Reaction score
Hey y'all!
New to the forum and brew world (well... I started with a Mr. Beer (gift) but that just didn't cut it for me). Tossed that into the barn somewhere... found a deal on living social ($65 for a bucket kit, extract kit for amber ale, $25 giftcard to midwest and a few other things). Its supposed to arrive today, and I'm starting to look for a good/cheaper brewpot (working part time and going to school has a tight budget). Then I'll get more into actually brewing! Until then, its just more research and learning!

As far as other things I'm a fan of... cigars (another hobby that takes my money!), and restoring cars... currently working on a 1948 Dodge Business Coupe. Real rough shape, and coming along slowly... but making progress!

Anyways... glad to be here and ready to learn more and more!

Graham

welcome aboard - you can get a cheap stainless brew pot on amazon, or if you have something like an ocean state job lot near you (even cheaper than walmart) they have inexpensive stainless stock pots as well for >$20. I started out with a 20qt stainless pot and i paid approx. $20 for it, got free shipping because I combined it with some other stuff on amazon; I'm still using it 8 years later for partial mash. I also do AG on the stove top with two of these pots, pretty sure I'm pushing my stovetop to the limit but its worth it!

enjoy the hobby, it can be done on a budget and with limited space, I did AG brewing in my shoe-box apartment in Brooklyn, NY. The kitchen in my house in CT is bigger than my entire apartment in Brooklyn was.

Back