Newbie to Kegorator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkoehn

Reaction score
I just made a freezer into a kegorator. I only installed 1 tap but have 2 corny kegs full of beer. I pressurized both kegs and hooked 1 up to the tap keeping it at about 10 psi for serving. My question is this, should I keep the 2nd keg under pressure at all times? I have the capabilities to do this if I put together another hose. Just not sure if this is needed or will the corny keep it good without keeping CO2 hooked up to it.

Thanks!

I just made a freezer into a kegorator. I only installed 1 tap but have 2 corny kegs full of beer. I pressurized both kegs and hooked 1 up to the tap keeping it at about 10 psi for serving. My question is this, should I keep the 2nd keg under pressure at all times? I have the capabilities to do this if I put together another hose. Just not sure if this is needed or will the corny keep it good without keeping CO2 hooked up to it.

Thanks!

The second keg will keep just as well carbonated or not.

But if you were to add the second gas line and keep that keg under the same carbonation pressure as the first keg, two good things would result: the second keg would be ready to go when the first keg kicks, and in the mean time you could swap the beer line from keg to keg and enjoy two different brews.

I'd definitely add the second gas line...

Cheers!

Agreed with the last 2 posts. Get your second gas line so your keg will be ready to go. And while you are at it, and the 2nd tap. Then a 3rd, and a 4th.....

Install as many taps and C02 lines as you can fit kegs in your kegerator!... if it's in the keg, put the gas on... as mentioned above, it will be carbed when you're ready for it

Back