NewB Amber Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragon63

Reaction score
Have my first brew in the fermenter, an amber I'm calling NewB Amber Ale. Brew went smooth and the wife came home and said, "Is that your beer. That's an interesting smell." Better than, "Get that funk outta here." Pretty excited about my first beer. Already have guys volunteering to critique the first offering.

A little beer peep show for ya

image-2311265337.jpg

Okay, three weeks in the fermenter at around 65 degrees and my FG was 1.011. Seems a little low for an amber (from what I've read) but took the taste test and it tasted great. Got my bottles conditioning in the garage now. I may move them in to the bathroom (fermentation room) so they are a little warmer for the carbonation.

The wife gave the thumbs up for two more cases of bottles to start my honey wheat. I'm a lucky man!

From my experience believe in the 3 weeks @70, My cellar is in the mid to low 60's and it takes a full month to condition. I never wait the whole time, but believe me weeks 4-6 are much better than 2-3.

Latest posts

Back