new to wine making and have a Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james3204

Reaction score
I am new to wine making and and never done it before. I am doing 3 diff batches of fruit this weekend. one of them i want to turn into Champagne. I have been reading stuff online about it and iam still not sure what to do different.

can anyone please tell me what I need to do to make Champagne from a fruit wine? preferably the "dummies" version of how to do it lol

~Thank you~

Are you referring to a sparkling (carbonated) fruit wine? I'm kind of a newbie myself but i'm pretty sure you need a certain grape to make actual champagne.

Champagne is made from grapes local to Champagne, France. You might be able to get a champagne taste from a simple white wine kit made with champagne yeast + strong carbonation.

As long as there are still yeast in there, a pinch of priming sugar or a drop or so of corn syrup should do the trick. There are many guides online for carbonating wines to make them sparkle, depending on your choice of fruit you should be able to find help with google.

Also, there is always force-carbonation using a soda siphon or kegging system.

Back