new to the Homebrew talk forum, Cincy area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Huelsman

Reaction score
Hello home brewers! I've been home brewing about 3 years now. Spent 2 years on extract and partial mash recipes brewing. This past year I made the jump to all grain brewing.
Proud member of the BBL, (Bloatarian Brewing League). Right now I'm focusing my attention to session beers primarily. I'll do other bigger beers once in a while.

Currently working on setting up a 220V all electric brewing system. It's about 40-50% there to date.

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_200636.jpg
    IMG_20180917_200636.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum. If I’m Thinkinging right, you are in Cincinnati OH.. I’m east of Cincinnati, a small town called my Orab.

Welcome aboard, a fresh perspective is always a good thing!
Any recent session beer recipes that are worth mentioning?
Often, people post recipes on the internet, but no idea on how it came out....

Welcome aboard, a fresh perspective is always a good thing!
Any recent session beer recipes that are worth mentioning?
Often, people post recipes on the internet, but no idea on how it came out....

I'm still working on the recipes. With session brewing, attention to details, balance in the recipe, amounts (grains, hops, temps) are all more important. Flaws are easily noticed. My last 2 beers in Beer n Sweat scored about mid to upper 20's.

Have you read Jennifer Talley's book on session brewing yet? I'm going to be trying recipes from her book.

I listened to a podcast with the author and meant to get that book, but then forgot about it, thanks for the reminder...

Back