New to HomeBrew in Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenhawK

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am so new to HomeBrewing that I haven't even opened the boxes on the kit that just came in. The kit came with a Blonde that I am hopefully going to be able to get started on this weekend.

I am from Athens Alabama, and I live in Decatur now.

I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum and getting started.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. I sit and read this thing for hours and am always finding something new. Good luck...

Thank you for the welcome. I got the Personal Home Brewery Kit #3 bottling deluxe from www.morebeer.com. It came with a Blonde Ale extract kit.

Sadly, I haven't even gotten a chance to open the boxes yet. I am in the middle of setting up my garage, and between work, rain, little league baseball, and mothers day, I haven't had a chance to finish it. I am going to break out the book that came with it today though.

That's a nice starter kit. Are you planning on using a turkey fryer burner or stovetop?

Welcome btw! Brewing is awesome and rewarding.

I am planning on using a turkey fryer burner in the garage. The kit came with a small enough pot to use on the stove top, but I was afraid of stinking up the house. If I use the smaller pot that came with the kit, do I just add more water after I boil?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yes you will top it off with however much water you need to reach 5gal (assuming its a 5gal kit).

However start with as much water as you can without having a boil-over.

Back