New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest beer, a close to perfect German hefeweizen. That is one dense meringue like head.

Sorry bout the image turns
How on earth does taking a pic with the phone straight up yield that result

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

This is a rather special beer to me. My best friend passed last august and I picked up grains for the beer from his house in April. They were from June 2016 and had been milled, not a lot of aroma left in em. I added 1# pilsner & .5 munich. Replaced his hops with fresh ones of the same variety and fresh yeast. I'm very happy it turned out really really nice, like place in competition nice! Now I'm down to a gallon or two left :( It's an APA. Any help on getting my pics turned the right way? I seem to have forgotten something.

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

Thank you very much RCCOLA.
I am in no danger of using that malt over here in Thailand.
Castle or Weyermann for us.

I can do that! Will get it to you soon.

Beers grow on trees.. this is the hibiscus saison

How did yours turn out? I am waiting on primary fermentation to finish so that I can keg mine. I'm very excited.

How did yours turn out? I am waiting on primary fermentation to finish so that I can keg mine. I'm very excited.

I can remember this grist because it's simple.. 33% wheat, vienna and 2-row turned out spot on. A little light in body for 5.4% in comparison to to my 10.9% last hibiscus. Tart and fruity, slight belgium phenol and ester profile. Crushable

I can remember this grist because it's simple.. 33% wheat, vienna and 2-row turned out spot on. A little light in body for 5.4% in comparison to to my 10.9% last hibiscus. Tart and fruity, slight belgium phenol and ester profile. Crushable

I put my hand in the hibiscus ring with a 50/50 2 row and white wheat offering. I'm looking for all those great descriptors in mine as well.

For the 4th, hot and sunny, it was a Graperfruit Pale growler kind of night.

Just brewed a Pekko Rye Saison a week ago. I also threw in some Topaz for good measure.

What yeast did you use? I did a 11 gal batch and split between WY3711 and ECY08.

I ended up using WLP568. Have you been able to sample yours yet? I think this was a good use for the pekko.

I ended up using WLP568. Have you been able to sample yours yet? I think this was a good use for the pekko.

I've kegged both, and the ECY version didn't come out. It was older yeast that I tried to build backup, but it stressed and gave some off flavors. I have the 3711 crashing now, and should be able to sample in the next day or so.

Electric Hop Candy Jr - my new 'sessionable' New England Pale Ale. Recipe here.

This is a lower alcohol 'sessionable' version of my Electric Hop Candy NEIPA. Same soft and pillowy mouthfeel full of juicy fruit-forward hop flavours and aromas, but with less alcohol (5% ABV instead of 6.5%).

Kal

Back