New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PvRZMYB.jpg

It’s not done carbonating yet . Only been in the keg a few days but I had to pull a sample , ended up pouring 2 more ! It’s a pre prohibition American Pilsner at 30 ibu and 5.8 abv

CE813848-E044-426F-BFF3-973031F270A0.jpeg

My California Common recipe except this time fermented with Omega Voss Keviek @ 98.

For those wondering how high you can go with these yeasts, I pitched it at 114 (not really on purpose but that is what happened) and let it cool naturally in a 90+ degree ambient temperature maintaining 98 with a heat wrap.
IMG_20190829_212326825.jpg

Testing a low fill of my Belgian Dark Strong for carbonation. It was bottled on Aug 26 (today is Sept 7). It's already carbonated and tastes pretty good! Lots of toffee and caramel on the nose thanks to using both d90 and d45 candi syrups. Even now it really hides its ~10% abv.

BySK2fB.jpg

Bonus pic with dinner!
DI4z5Ne.jpg

Oatmeal Saison
Very clean taste. No typical rosty and banana flavors of dark malt and Saison yeast. Oat malt also gave a fair amount of density.

saison.jpg

hBuLlBn.jpg

Rye saison that aged on Brett-C in secondary for 3 months. Got a dry hop of El Dorado a few days before bottling. Absolutely delicious and refreshing. Lots of tropical fruit from the hops playing with the brett.

Latest posts

Back