New Mexico love, craft, and hops.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxiousbrews

Reaction score
I'm a New Mexican home brewer. It a seems to me that this is a real special time in New Mexico for craft brew. The states Acceptance of this industry has been awesome and the people surely appreciate it. I love having a good fresh craft brew right down the road. That all being said I just was on abbey brewing co website (Monks ale, if you haven't tried is amazing) and I never knew they grew hops. Even more interesting I never knew thee was actually a native New Mexican hop with multiple varieties. Neomexicanus. I personally can't wait to get my hands on this hop to brew with but has anyone tried them or perhaps Sierra Nevada's wild hop IPA (which is brewed with neomexicanus) If so did you enjoy and what about the hops can you say, in your opinion, made it different?

Welcome! I used to live in NM and kinda still feel like that area is home. Farmington for me. Left there around 6th grade, but the south east just doesn't cut it. Miserable humidity.. I miss the awesome simplicity of cooling with swamp coolers!

That's awesome! I live close to Farmington. Cuba nm. Small small town. Nearest brew store is an hour and a half away so that's rough. What part of the southeast are you in now?

Should be, however the phone app version of this doesn't show location haha. Any New Mexico beers happen to find there way to the east coast?

Back