Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Martin

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been brewing for many years. (over 20). I only brew partial mashes. Haven't made the move to full mash yet. Still thinking on it. I don't make a lot of beer only maybe a couple of brew sessions a year.
I've been lucky in that I haven't had any "FAILURES". I like doing clones of some beers I particularly like. They all work out but not always like the beer they were duplicating. But I'm always looking for good recipes.

Welcome. I can see your hesitation to move to all-grain with a couple sessions per year. Great beers can be made with extracts and PM's, so I wouldn't worry about AG. Many people "advance" from extract to PM to AG, but I've been moving the opposite direction, mostly for time and ease. I still enjoy brewing, but AG's can be hard to slip in when they take several hours. I can slip in an extract, or even a PM, a lot quicker and easier,

Thanks for the support. I constantly am told I need to go AG.. And just gave the same answer I give. Don't brew enough.. And.. I like what I make and so do my friends so......

Back