New member intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgdntx

Reaction score
Sort of new member from north Texas here.

Been signed up on the site since 2014 when I started researching, and discussing with SWMBO, getting back into brewing after a long time away. The stars and my bank account finally aligned, and I got some equipment. Currently have my first beer since 1999 in my fermenter.

Looking forward to finally getting some brews done, and hopefully being able to give back to the community here.

I have! Everyone always talks about "if I were to start over again". I brought some lessons learned with me. Now to see if they were the right lessons!

One of the lessons was a big dislike of the bottling / bottle conditioning process. Combine that with lack of space, and I'm kegging 2.5 gallon batches, which is one reason it took me so long to get back into things.

Right now I have a blonde SMaSH (golden promise and EKG) that I'm waiting to clear up. I snuck a taste while I was checking for FG, and was pleasantly surprised when it was GOOD. A far cry from what I produced the first time back in the day (thanks HBT!!). I'll probably have a maris otter and EKG SMaSH in by the end of the week.

Welcome back to brewing!

Looks like some tasty brews entering your pipeline. My favorite malts!

Kegging for the win! Burst carbonate (roll or shake your cold beer under 30 psi of CO2 for 5 minutes) then let some pressure out, down to 10-12 psi, so you can start enjoying them right away. They'll improve somewhat over the first week or 2, carbonation getting more integrated, with thicker, denser foam.

Back