New Hops- Hull Melon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameadrat

Reaction score
Paw Paw Brewery has a pale pale and another Michigan Brewer has an IPA made of Citra and Hull Melon hop (a German hop). I contacted my local shop and it just became available. I have had PAWPAW"s Citra and it was interesting. Has anyone made an ale with this? If not I will follow up in June.
I already have them ordering me some.

Beer me

I use a lot in my Wheat. It has a great smell and does add more bitterness then you would think. I have dry hopped with 4oz in a 5gal batch as well as flame out and whirl pool. Awesome aroma.

I heard odd things about it, like it sometimes doesn't do well with certain other hops. I've no personal experience with it so this is all conjecture.

I had planned on using it at some point was put off by some things I had read. Although it sounds like it would do well in a wheat based on flavor profiles I've read.

Again, conjecture.

I made an IPA with tons of hull melon and belma, along with small amounts of mosaic and Pacific gem. Performed a Conan/1318 mixed fermentation of a largely pilsner malt based wort. It was a big hit with friends, a VERY melon forward beer. Would recommend using these to others.

Latest posts

Back