New Homebrewer from the brew happy city of Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! I'm planning to brew the Bavarian Hefe soon also. Let us know how it turns out.

Welcome. I just took a trip to Denver and I am very jealous of the brew scene. The liqour stores have more of selection out there than even Total Wines out here in AZ. Hopefully, we can change that.

welcome! i love going to denver and the beer scene is awesome out there! always fun to go on the coors brewery tour too!

Welcome! I am in Littleton! CO definitely has a kickin brew scene - I heard there will be a documentary about CO microbrews soon. In the article I read CO was called the "epicenter" of micro-breweries. Crazy!

Welcome! I am in Littleton! CO definitely has a kickin brew scene - I heard there will be a documentary about CO microbrews soon. In the article I read CO was called the "epicenter" of micro-breweries. Crazy!

I believe it, I spent some time out in Ohio and was so disappointed because I could only find 1 microbrew! People out there thought Rolling Rock was the classy good beer!

Hey everyone hows it going...just though id get a post on here. I live in Lakewood Belmar area and have just recently takin up brewing. I currently have a Irish Red Ale bottled, a dunkleweizen in secondary and am starting a pumpkin ale (my fav) today.

Hey everyone hows it going...just though id get a post on here. I live in Lakewood Belmar area and have just recently takin up brewing. I currently have a Irish Red Ale bottled, a dunkleweizen in secondary and am starting a pumpkin ale (my fav) today.

I'm looking to make a an Irish red, any tips?

I'm just north of you in Firestone. Very close to Left Hand Brewery and their delicious Sawtooth Ale. And Avery and their fabulous Ellie's Brown. I sure love Colorado beer...

Happy brewing!

Well to tell you the truth, Im still doing extract untill I feel comfortable enough with everything. That was actually my first batch. What did you want to know?

Just curious about what local stores you guys/gals buy from...trying to get best prices around.

Best prices I've seen are at Stomp Them Grapes in the Highlands by I-70. Staff is not terribly friendly or helpful, and they always seem kind of annoyed that I'm trying to buy things from them. But, it's close to my house so I go there if I need to.

I usually go to the Brew Hut in Aurora though. It's by my work, and I like to stop by Drydock for a beer while there. Prices are a little higher, but the staff is better.

Best prices I've seen are at Stomp Them Grapes in the Highlands by I-70. Staff is not terribly friendly or helpful, and they always seem kind of annoyed that I'm trying to buy things from them. But, it's close to my house so I go there if I need to.

I usually go to the Brew Hut in Aurora though. It's by my work, and I like to stop by Drydock for a beer while there. Prices are a little higher, but the staff is better.

yea, that is the store I go to as well, I just wasn't sure if they were expensive or not.n

semi-new (already have 7 batches going) from Boulder. Stomp Them Grape's sister store up here "Hop To It!" is great and i've always found the staff to be really helpful, especially getting started.

Yeah, stomp them grapes seems to be one of the cheapest places around but I wasn't too keen on their staff. Beer At Home in westminster has a smaller selection but is cheaper with bottles and has a very helpful staff.

BrewLynch said:
Just curious about what local stores you guys/gals buy from...trying to get best prices around.

Beer at home in either englewood or Westminster. Great staff, always eager to bs/help out. And their prices don't suck.

Primary: Tripel, Patersbier
Secondary: Oaked Bourbon Porter, Dampfbier
Oaking: English Barleywine
Bottled: Enkel, Winter Beer, SMaSH Best Bitter, Witbier, Quardupel, Oatmeal Stout, New World Porter Clone, Historic Einbeck beer, Oaked Bourbon Porter, Wild Yeast Wit, Scotch Stout, Dubbel

Holy crap, man. Nice inventory!

Back