New Home Brewer in Metro Detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAustin919

Reaction score
A couple of months ago, and after some build up, a coworker of mine offered to show me the ropes... wow didn't take long at all to get hooked. :drunk:

I've only done 3 "batches" so far, all of them extract with a little grain. First go was a German Wheat, second was an English Pale Ale, both recipes from Brewmasters Bible. Third was a Chimay Red clone from Clone Brews. The first two are done and were awesome. The Chimay clone is waiting to be bottled.

Been getting all of the stuff from Cap N' Cork in Macomb if anyone is familiar. Great shop.

I love to cook, especially BBQ and used to own/run a catering company. I absolutely can't wait til' spring/summer... BBQ and Home Brew :rockin:

In the last couple of weeks I read through so much great info here. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to chime in with some of my own.

In the mean time if anybody wants to chime in with their favorite session home brew it would be appreciated.

Cheers! :mug:

SDMBREW said:
Welcome! I like an English bitter for a session beer! Cheers

funny you say that.. I went to my LHBS today and came back with a kit called English Pub Ale. their version of a bitter. brewing on Tuesday, we'll see how it goes.

Back