New Here - Beer Style Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLally

Reaction score
If this isn't the right spot for this questions please let me know. I've been brewing for about a year now and have made 5 successful batches, 5 gallons at a time. I have the changed the recipies slightly a few times. (Instead of Amber LME I used a Dark Extract or 6lbs of Pilsner). My problem is I'm not 100% sure what style I'm brewing. I thin it's an american ale but I just don't know. Ingredients below.

White Labs Cry Havoc Yeast
3lbs Breiss Pilsner DME
3lbs Breiss Amber LME
1oz Citra Hops
1oz Cascade Hops
2lbs American 2 Row Barley 20 lbs

Thanks!

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

Probably something like an American Pale Ale, or maybe an American Amber Ale. This site may assist you: http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/catdex.php.

If you want to change things up a little, you could use pale extract and steep some medium range crystal malt; amber LME is just that.

I would say an American Amber as well. When I was extract brewing I steeped som grains before I started the boil to get a better color. You would be surprised at the change in taste.

Happy brewing!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back