New guy from Southwest GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmoore714

Reaction score
My name is Dave. I'm 31 and I live in southwest Georgia. I started reading up on home brewing about 6 months ago - just doing my research. I've also been watching a lot of videos on youtube (Craigtube). Still haven't brewed anything just yet.

My girlfriend bought me a "Mr Beer" kit for Christmas. Its not what I was hoping for... but I gotta use it at least once to make her happy before I buy some real equipment. Also, prompted by Craigtube, I recently started a batch of inmate wine. Should be ready to bottle in another few days.

Anyway... thats me. I'll be around, reading and learning. Drop me a line if you're in my neck of the woods.

Nice! I'm originally from South Carolina (Gaffney). I went to college (Clemson) with some folks from Lexington.

Welcome! I'm not THAT far from you, myself.

I understand where you are coming from re: Mr. Beer. When I first expressed an interest, wy wife thought that I ought to start ought at the very most basic level, then move up from there... I think she had seen a Mr. Beer kit.

Fortunately, I was able to persude her that if I wanted to do this, I wanted to do it right... I was able to score a custom starter kit from AHS, complete with glass primary and secondary.

Meh, whatever. Brew up with your Mr. Beer, you'll still likely better the BMC beers available - then you can go on and get into the real stuff, right?

Back