New guy from MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notrealdan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm from Lowell, MA (about 45 minutes outside Boston). I've been home brewing for about 6 years or so, but had to take about 2 or 3 years off from it due to a back issue. Lifting large containers of hot liquid just wasn't on the menu. Two surgeries and some physical therapy later, I'm back in the game. It feels good to finally drink my own beer again.

I've been lurking for a little while, mostly gathering ideas for my keezer build. I'm still deciding how to approach it and will be asking for some advice from the masters soon.

I'm mostly an all-grain brewer, but appreciate an easy extract brew day once in a while. Once I get my keezer built, I'm gonna want to fill it, and finding time for all-grain brew sessions is a little tough sometimes.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone in advance for the wealth of info here!

well, then, just plan on triple batches! its a lot cheaper when allgrain-ing.
5 gallons = 3 hours. 15 gallons= 4.5 hours.
theres a lot of folks on here from our parts ( even if I know more of the south o B. crew).
welcome.

Hey there, I'm from Tyngsboro...just started here...I just bottled my first batch on 1/30/2011 and made a video of the whole process so everyone could see all the mistakes I made...

One time I went to Woostah to buy a toastah ya bastad. Couldn't resist.
I'm from NH originally. Now I have two blind neighbors with seeing eye dogs. One named Wooster..... from MA. I know this has nothing to do with beer.
Welcome!

Welcome to the community and welcome back to brewing! I'm in Nashville but originally from Andover, MA. Do you usually get your supplies at Jasper's in Nashua NH? It is still one of my favorite homebrew stores. Great selection, great prices, and Jeff the owner is awesome.

Yeah, I get most of my stuff from Jasper's. Ingredients, anyways. Equipment is usually much cheaper online and Jeff's told me flat out he doesn't even try to carry much beyond the basics since everyone has a different brewing setup. It's a great place to find something new and Jeff always has an opinion on whatever it is. Definitely feels crowded in there with only a few customers though.

HoppyGus - I was actually born in a town in OH called Wooster...

I'm also near Boston in MA, southeast near the cape. Seems like a lot of us from that area. Can anyone recommend clubs or gatherings?

Wooster OH...home of sprint car racing great Jac Haudenschild and right around the corner from Wayne County Speedway...my travels have taken me there a time or two.

Hey, my first batch was bottled. I let it sit for only a week but wanted to taste it. It was aweful. Bitter I think, but not sure since I am not used to "off" flavors. (I didn't strain out the hop pellets so thinking it's "bitter".) But the point of my post. I wish there was a club/group near here where I could bring some bottle to get "experienced" critiques. Anyway, I'm going to let it sit for a month or two and try again.

Welcome from Ashby..Opened my first after a week same thing..waited another 3-4 weeks and WOW...

But the point of my post. I wish there was a club/group near here where I could bring some bottle to get "experienced" critiques. Anyway, I'm going to let it sit for a month or two and try again.

Welcome from North Andover. If you are interested, check out the Merrimack Valley Homebrewing Club. The website just got off the ground recently, but it is a good crew with some knowledgeable folks.

Welcome from Haverhill. Definitely check out the club above. I joined up with them over the summer and like Jeff says they are good guys that will definitely help future brews.

Back