New guy from Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casechopper

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Sam,
I began lurking here about 3 months ago and have spent ~50 hours reading through posts.
I started 5 gallons of Apfelwein about a month ago and since then I've started 1 gallon of JAOM, 1 gallon of a modified recipe of JAOM, and a 5 gallon batch of all grain Haus Pale Ale. I figured I'd start all grain and see how it went.

So far I've spent ~$500 and I can see that I may be spending alot more on this hobby.

I'm a recently graduated Chemical Engineer and I'm looking to find a Chemical Engineering job in the Western USA. For now I'm working as a computer systems administrator and making alcohol!

Thanks for all of the information you guys have put up on the forums. If it wasn't for this forum I probably would never have gotten into this great hobby.

Howdy and welcome. Im a new member as well and if ya find any meets ya enjoy feel free to give me a shout.

Hello,

I started 5 gallons of Apfelwein about a month ago

Hey Sam, How's it going? I am a new home brewer also, but from NY.
I was thinking about making Apfelwein this weekend. Is yours from the recipe form ed wort on the boards? That is the one I was going to follow. Have you tasted it yet, how is it?

Dave

Hey Sam, How's it going? I am a new home brewer also, but from NY.
I was thinking about making Apfelwein this weekend. Is yours from the recipe form ed wort on the boards? That is the one I was going to follow. Have you tasted it yet, how is it?

Dave

I am using Edworts recipe. I haven't tasted it yet. For now I'm still collecting bottles and I figure it just gets better with age. I'll probably bottle the Haus pale ale first and then bottle the Apfelwein at 2-3 months.

Back