New Guy and my new Single Tier Build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured a center support was a good idea and a great place to mount the pump.

Brewstand 2011 065.jpg

Needle Valves Came in and look so much better than the compression fitting..And they don't leak! BONUS! Also wired the pump to a switch box.

Brewstand 2011 067.jpg

It was a busy morning on Craigslist.. 1-10cf and 1-13cf and a Johnson Control thermo...$100 for all! Yes..they work pefect!

Brewstand 2011 074.jpg

HLT is ready.. Waiting for the False Bottom kit from Jay at NorCal Brewing..and some fittings from Weldless.. Another Sightglass / Thermo combo from Bobby just showed up.. A day of Keg cutting and drilling and we are in buisiness!!! Planning on a St Patty day kick off!

Brewstand 2011 075.jpg

Awesome build!
Question, what size copper tube did you use for the pluming?

I built a stand about a year ago, then sold it. I'm ready to start a second one and would like to hard plumb it. I like the idea of the copper

3/8 copper.. The bend to the closest ( right side ) burner was a little tight.. took some "gentle" persuasion.. Both ends of each run terminate with a flare so there is a little forgiveness with assembly. All in all I would imagine copper is about the same $ as any other flexible option.. I didn't want all black iron, It's a pain to fix any problems or adjust. JJ

I like the shelf and the central location for the gas controls. Now I'm thinking of incorporating both into my design.:mug:

This was in the middle of a minor vorlouf incident.. to fast and bored a hole in the grain bed.. Fixed by draining the BK and recirc'd in the MT a little more gently..
The Mash tun held its temp for the full 60 min at a 43 degree air temp without firing once!
Wort cleared off very nice with the help of Jaybird's 15" FB!

This was our first AG batch and used EdWorts's Hause Ale receipe.. hit OG on the money!

Thanks to all the folks on HBT for Mucho Info!

And thanks to Dono and Kip (Brewstaedt) for the help brewing today, and encourgement with this entire project!

All Went Well!!! and 10 Gallons are in the closet gettin its ferment on! JJ

Brewstand 2011 081.jpg

Good job. Thanks for posting all of the photos along the way.

What are you fermenting in?

Do you have plans to paint your stand?

Great Build! I like that you included your mistakes for others to learn by. Your brewery turned out great.:mug:

Thanks Everybody!,, The stand will be painted or powdercoated soon..Wanted to run a couple batched and make sure no changers were needed. Maybe I'll use the ATVs' and drag the rig up in the woods for a batch! hahaha I'm fermenting in buckets currently.. Thanks JJ

Yeah, nice brewstand! It's nice to see someone else using the same manifold idea I did: build a manifold that has gas in and gas out, then using copper tubing to go from the manifold to the burners.

Check my manifold out. Just click on the brewstand link in my signature.

I have the brewstand powdercoated green, so I wrapped green electrical tape around the manifold (and the flexible conduit and the j-box) to match the paint.

I also used compression fittings with no problems and have needles valves after the ball valves. I made the piece of copper tubing between the needle and ball valves so short that you can't see it.

Latest posts

Back