New Grainfather Owner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodspe1968

Reaction score
I just brewed with my Grainfather today and am concerned the control box is bad...

Bluetooth won't connect to my Galaxy S9

Temperature reading is all over the map (pics included)

Is this common? Advice? Ideas?

20190930_145346.jpg

Did you update your app? I had same issue of not connecting to my phone until I updated the app. As far as temps I've never had an issue with it jumping around . I see your pump is turned on , did you just turn it on before pic and is your valve open?

I appreciate your prompt response. I realized the temp probe is below the grain bed and it takes a few minutes of recirculation before it provides an accurate temperature... I have the latest version of the app but still seems incompatible and won't establish a bluetooth connection...

Is your wort going down the overflow pipe? If not you may not be getting enough flow through your grain bed causing a difference in the amount of liquid where the sensor is reading.

Is your wort going down the overflow pipe? If not you may not be getting enough flow through your grain bed causing a difference in the amount of liquid where the sensor is reading.
I realized the water below the grain bed will remain at strike temperature until it has time to circulate after dough in. I finally fixed my bluetooth issue too. Anxious to start my next brew. Thanks for the assist!

Back