New From Madison, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snakebyte

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank the community for all the great information available on this forum.

As a newbie homebrewer I had two significant accomplishments this weekend:

1) I tasted my first brew that I had done 4 weeks ago. It was only a gallon batch and was a White House Honey Ale. I was very happy with how it turned out for my first batch. It was carbonated well and had a fresh/crisp taste.

2) I just completed my second brew yesterday after having some good success with my first gallon batch. Except I quickly realized that the work I put into the gallon batch had a pretty low ROI as I only ended up with 8 beers. This time I opted for a 5 gallon batch of Irish Red Ale. After only 18 hours the yeasties are hard at work!

I look forward to bottling this batch so that I don't have to 2nd guess enjoying one of my "limited stock" homebrews! I'll have plenty to enjoy and share!

Anyway, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this forum, it's been my goto destination for everything homebrew related.

Cheers!
Jason

Welcome, from next door in Minnesota!

Don't worry about ROI--nothing wrong with giving a 1-gallon batch a test drive. You have 8 bottles of something that turned out well and it's a good learning exercise. Now that you know that you like it you can brew a bigger batch of it later.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

I just did a stovetop BIAB brew- an American Dark Ale (aka Black IPA, just can't call it that)- 2.5 gallons produces a case of beer. Enough beer to make it worthwhile, not enough to have to bring out my huge brew system to do a 10 or 15 gallon batch. I love small batch brewing.

Congrats and welcome from your neighbor in Brookfield.

Thanks!

Welcome, from next door in Minnesota!

Don't worry about ROI--nothing wrong with giving a 1-gallon batch a test drive. You have 8 bottles of something that turned out well and it's a good learning exercise. Now that you know that you like it you can brew a bigger batch of it later.

Great points! It was fun either way and it convinced me I need to brew a bigger batch :)

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

I just did a stovetop BIAB brew- an American Dark Ale (aka Black IPA, just can't call it that)- 2.5 gallons produces a case of beer. Enough beer to make it worthwhile, not enough to have to bring out my huge brew system to do a 10 or 15 gallon batch. I love small batch brewing.

Sounds great! Thanks for the welcome!

Back