New England Grain Buy Sept 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish that there was a reliable way other then HBT to run the buy. I tried doing it on Google+ but really didn't get much traction. Does anyone know if there is a New England homebrew Reddit? I am pretty clueless when it comes to Reddit.

I'm on reddit and G+. Reddit's homebrewing section is rather lacking, IMO. Same goes for G+, although I don't really use it to much anymore.

Finally running low from the previous buy...I'd certainly be up for the next round where ever it ends up.

I think if all of us in the buy sent in a few bucks via papal we could definitely get a year membership, probably a lifetime. I mean, there was $120 donated to each of them with the last buy. I am sure if we (me included this time) did the same kind of thing, we could pay for one fairly easily.

Can we start a new sheet just for membership donations? When it reaches the 200 for a lifetime we can all pay up and Crazyirishman34 a lifetime membership.

If this doesn't work, please keep me posted as well.

I like Wstbrewing's idea. How would the sheet work? Does someone with supporting membership need to start a sheet something like the one that we used for the group buy?

I am unable to type into the cells on the spread. I logged in OK but the sheet does not seem to be functional yet. I am also not very internet savvy.

I have only been around for the past two buys, but I appreciate the hell outta what you guys do. I put my donation into this. Lets see that home brewer spirit and pride here.

The one year is easy, lets get this up to a lifetime and get it over with.

Everyone else should get involved. We can do this for a fellow brewer and a good guy on here.

Pay it forward for what you've gained both from these group buys, and from this site.

wstbrewing

I'm in a similar boat as wstbrewing, I've only participated in the past 2 buys for a grand total of 2 bags, but I certainly appreciate the amount of effort and coordination that goes into running these buys. I'd like to see the donation total get to lifetime as well so that we don't have to deal with this in the future.

Hi All,
and Happy (belated) New year. I just added some $$ to the membership worksheet - and thanks Donovan for all the behind the scenes work on these group buys.

One question - how are we taking care of payments for this? do we also go use his account info to add cash to his membership, or is there going to be a Paypal? Sorry if I missed that part in the previous posts.

Mort

Hi, just saw this. I'm down for $20 but can't edit the sheet. Really appreciate being able to be part of the group buy. Appreciate all the organization it takes.

I think the best idea would be to all submit payment like we would to crazyirishman34 for the group buy. We can all send the payment into Crazyirishman34 and he will use it to purchase a lifetime membership. I think this shows true appreciation for all the work he has done and the money we have/will save through these group buys.

Would this work for you Crazyirishman?

It is all for you, what would be the best way for you to do this?

wstbrewing

Me too. I really appreciate what you do for us Donovan, the grain buys are always awesome!

Looks like Luther put the total to our goal. Is it time to payup now? Do we send our paypal to the same email address that we used for the grain buy?

Sent my contribution too, thanks again for all the work organizing the buys! I've only participated in one but will definitely want to keep buying. How will we know about the next one? Will there be a post here then a new thread started?

My work schedule (and finances) is unpredictable so I have not participated to date, though I wish I could. I hope you keep this going. Maybe I can arrange with someone for a pickup on a future buy.

Thanks for your work thus far.

Once we get this sorted I will start a new buy. Thanks to all the great support the group has given me we are almost to the goal.

We have a couple people that take part in the buy from RI. You should be able to find someone who can help.

My donation for your membership has been sent, thanks for the group buys.

Been out of the loop for a while, hows the brewery coming along?

Back