New England Grain Buy January 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The order is OPEN

This buy is open to everyone and the pickup location will be in Concord, Ma about 10 minutes off Rt 2

See the signup sheet here. The sheet is open
1. Need 128 sacks to order. Additional pallets can be added if there is demand for them in increments of 42 Sacks.

2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received. This will most likely be a Saturday morning (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Volunteers would be appreciated to help sort and split grain s about an hour prior to pickup depending on the size of the order. All orders will be sorted prior to any being released.

3. We are only going to order one type of Pale Malt and one Type of 2 Row malt. They will be CM-2ROW and CM-PALE. If you add any other type of Pale or 2 Row malt it will be changed to CM-PALE or CM-2ROW. For the folks that want organic I am going to add GW-O2RP. Also I would rather just have one MOPA ordered if you could only order TF-MOPA that would be great.

4.The pricing on the spreadsheet is an approximation but will be close to actual.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$8)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$8)

To see the catalog, go
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxSLQbVFAE0wOFVhRHdQejBQZ0U/edit

Pricing (Use 2000#+ pricing)
Pricing on the spread sheet is an estimate. Plan for $8 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

The pricing on this sheet has carried over from the last group buy and some may not be accurate. It would also be helpful if someone would verify the price per Lb and sack weight is accurate. Please let me know about any corrections needed and I will take care of it.

Cleaning Chemicals carry an additional HAZMAT surcharge and this cost will be spread out over all the chemical purchases. The first order entered on the sheet will see this entire charge added but as more chemical purchases are added it will automatically be adjusted.

Anyone willing to pick up and keep a few bags close to Tiverton RI for me. (probably a couple of days.) I work retail and it may take a few days to arrange a pick up. I may have to pick up either in the morning or late evening depending on my work schedule.

So far my work schedule has prevented me from participating....

We need a current workable link to the inventory/ order list. I would need specialty malts since I was not able to participate previously and have gotten 2 row and MO locally....

The spreadsheet is up and working. I am waiting on the password to get the new catolog so a bit of patience is needed. Most times it takes a couple months for the buy to close. So it isn't a good idea to rely on it for your immediate brewing needs.

Wasn't able to brew most of last year. This year I am going to see if I can get to the household homebrew limit. Thanks for continuing to organize the buy an now it is pretty close to where I live.

Brewing twice a month is probably the best i can hope for at most. Monday I am brewing a Vienna lager and that will be two batches so far this year maybe I can get there by May if I can keep up the pace.

Its pretty much the Venna lager from Brewing Classic Styles. Vienna (44%), Pilsner (30%) and Munich (26%) malts.

Hello. I want to thank you for doing this. It's really great!!! Sorry if this was a mistake (my first time ordering here) but I added CZ-PILS and GW‐O2RP to the spreadsheet. Is that OK or should I delete them - and if so, I'd appreciate opinions on an alternate pilsen.

Thanks again,
Dan

I still have 5 pallets from the last buy in my garage if anyone wants any. I was thinking of getting creative and making some bottle carriers or something with them but I'll probably never get around to it before the next pickup. If anyone wants any of them, let me know lol

I still have 5 pallets from the last buy in my garage if anyone wants any. I was thinking of getting creative and making some bottle carriers or something with them but I'll probably never get around to it before the next pickup. If anyone wants any of them, let me know lol

Maybe we can have an arts and crafts/pintrest session after the next pickup :D

I added a couple of splits to the spreadsheet, C60 and TF-PRL.

Thanks for organizing the buy Donovan!

Delivery is usually a couple weeks after we fill the order. 3 to 4 pallets typically. I would guess we are looking at late March but it really depends how fast it fills up, how long it takes to get all the payments in, and then scheduling the delivery day at my house.

Either way I think it will be warmer, so a lot more pleasant for us all to spend a couple hours outside!

Thanks for the response! I'm about 2 hours away in southern RI and I'm getting back into brewing after a 4 year break - I'm getting a Picobrew (I know, $$$) and want to keep my batch cost low through bulk hops and primary grains since I plan on brewing a lot - so I'll probably jump into the group buy in a few weeks.

Clankenbrew - Did you just add yourself to the sheet? Someone added themselves without putting their name at the top, it's for a single bag of 2 row, see column x.

If it's not you, I will delete the entry.

OK, I see your entry Clankenbrew, you're all set.

Someone named "pmzeringue" went in and edited all over the spreadsheet, and left behind a column without his/her name on it. I've removed the entry, and tried to review all his changes, but everyone should double check to make sure their order is still right.

I saw the empty spot and left it empty .. Figured someone would fix it or realize they missed it.

Honestly not sure what's complicated - click on a cell, type, repeat. There's always the undo button. Wish I had one for my life.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I want to buy two bags if maris otter and one of 2row, and maybe split a sack of wheat. Are these 50lb sacks of grains? I'll add myself to the spreadsheet, just want to know how many sacks to order. And how do I arrange payment?

Back