New bud light aimed at micro fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomHanx

Reaction score
I saw a case of it at my friends house the other day. I haven't had a chance to talk to him to see if he liked it, but I can't imagine it being that much better than BL other than actually having some alcahol in it.

Polishing a turd......

On a different note, the article talks to the brewer at Blue Mountain brewery. Cool place with their own hop farm. Love the evil 8 dubbel. Need to head back down that way this summer.

I want it to be descent bc im not above drinking macro beers. I tend to
Only have light beers though when I do and a good part of it is $money? But yeah I have a feeling it will prob suck. If it still tasted like bud light I could tolerate it. But I'm envisioning Bud Ice... My god I don't think I've ever had a nastier beer

I don't think this is aimed at craft beer lovers at all. Looks more like its geared toward the college kids and macro "ice" drinkers. They can now buy a boosted alcohol "light" beer. No more no less. If it were geared toward us it would have some craft beer verbage thrown in there, like "Bud Light Amber!" or "Imperial Bud Light!"(wouldn't that be a hoot.)

I had some of these the other day. Not great at all.

The aftertaste reminded me of Colt 45. I can see college kids going nuts over this stuff.

I hate to drink bud light. disgusting. the only bud I can drink is bud ice and it has to be warm (i'm weird i know) haha. I think I would try these though just to say I have.

sorry for double post but my buddy said he got a 6 pack of this last night, and I asked him how it was. all he said was "just more ****ty bud light with more alcohol. got pretty drunk.." and thats it.

I think it'll have its run of sales. just like bud ice and golden wheat. they first came out, everyone bought it to try it. they got disappointed, THEN the occupy shelf space came in. so it might work for them short term just to get people to buy it because its "new".

Honestly why are we even drawing attention to this ****ty beer? This is the type of thing i just ignore on the shelf. These days i honestly see just as many people grabbing a micro brew as i do **** like this. Just blogging about it is a waste of time.

..../beersnob

Polishing a turd......

On a different note, the article talks to the brewer at Blue Mountain brewery. Cool place with their own hop farm. Love the evil 8 dubbel. Need to head back down that way this summer.

I ate there two weeks ago. Agree on the Evil 8 but my favorite is the Dark Hollow. and oh man...the pizza.....

I was offered this at place that had a horrible selection of beers. I regretted it... Regular bud or bud light is much better in comparison, this very fusel alcohol like....

Great to hear the support from everyone for BMB. They're right in my back yard, and one of my favorite places to bring friends when they come in from out of town. The Evil 8 and Dark Hollow are great. I also love the Mandolin and the 151 Kolsch. They've been growing , too, so it probably wont be long before they get distributed outside of VA/Mid Atlantic.

Had Bud Platinum at a bar in Ft Wort. Drank it cold right out the blue bottle. The taste and smell reminded me of walking into a building that had been fumigated a long time ago and left closed up. It was also watery. Not much beer taste to it. It had none of the flavor of classic Budweiser.

Back