New Brewer in South OC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwaldman11

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Jason and I just started brewing last month. My lovely fiance got me the full kit for Christmas from O'Shea's Brewing in Laguna Niguel. Just before New Year's, I brewed some Saison. I loved the whole process so much that I've already added a new wort chiller to my equipment. The first batch has come out very good (if a little overcarbonated, as the two bottles that leaked in my car prove!). The advice I read in here showed me the value of patience, as I let the beer sit in the bottles a bit longer and it's gotten much better. I'm already figuring out what to do next, and I've targeted the Sunday after the Super Bowl for my next batch.

As for other info, I'm originally from Pittsburgh, I work in sales and marketing out here and I'm going to UCLA part time to get my MBA. I look forward to talking with you more and I'm sure I'll need to pick your brains some as I try new recipes and techniques!

Back