New Brewer In Pittsburgh, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjperry24

Reaction score
Just started my first batch (a simple IPA) last night with the encouragement/assistance of my brother (who is on here somewhere, but I don't know his name)... Looking forward to really getting into the hobby and learning a lot from the forums.

I'll probably be spending most of my time on the beginner board, but long-term goals include some DIY kegging stuff (chest freezer, maybe an eventual bar, etc)...

As I said, I just started my first batch, and I'm already in love with it. I'm terrible at working with my hands, can't cook, and love beer. This is perfect for me because it kind of combines all of the stuff I like with all the stuff I'm able to actually do and not completely ruin.

Now to run over to the other board and question myself intently, only to be told to chill out and have a homebrew.

See yinz around!

Welcome, I'm a Pittsburgh Brewer myself -- been at it for nearly a year. Planning my first AG batch this saturday :)

Indeed, RDWHAHB (or a craft beer since this is your first batch)

Be patient, it will pay off.

Welcome, I'm a Pittsburgh Brewer myself -- been at it for nearly a year. Planning my first AG batch this saturday :)

Indeed, RDWHAHB (or a craft beer since this is your first batch)

Be patient, it will pay off.

I'd have a homebrew if my brother didn't drink his whole last batch already!

Regardless, I've got a case of Magic Hat at home, it'll suffice for now.

Thanks everyone for the warm (and instantaneous!) welcome. Excited to be here.

Back