New Brewer in Madison, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleyk

Reaction score
Hello all~

Working in a bar that serves over 60 Wisconsin beers (our import selection includes bud and bud lite) has inspired me to join in the fun and start my own brewing adventures. I'm in the midst of brewing my third batch, and am doing my best to do some serious learning on all aspects of beer. I am looking forward to reading up on others' questions as well as having somewhere to go when I have questions my books or internet sources can't answer. Thank you all in advance for what you have written in the past, and what you may someday write, I will be eagerly reading all I can!

Welcome to the obsession. There are a lot of great people that post here on a regular basis, some are even Cheeseheads. Most anything you need, someone here will have an answer.

Make great beer.

I used to spend many a night near the capitol in various establishments enjoying a beer or two.

You will find many Wisconsinites on the board as well as many local breers in Madison.

Welcome.

Sweet, our numbers aare increasing every day!

Welcome ashleyk.

Now fess up, which bar do you work at so we can go and bug you and drink in front of you while you have to work.

The Old Fashioned, right on the capitol square. Great food too, but more importantly (in my opinion) awesome beers. All kinds of great WI breweries- i really enjoy seeing the brewmaster himself of some of these places delivering kegs personally, thats the kind of stuff that really inspired me to get into brewing.

Ahh, the Old Fashioned is a cool place. It's also the closest bar to my house, which is good. I didn't realize they had that many beers. They had $3.75 pitchers of Blatz once. Haha I like blatz. Don't tell anyone.

Back