New brewer in LA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckers_Beers

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just started brewing around 3 months ago, but it's something I've been wanting to do for awhile. When I finally did jump in, I jumped in with both feet... so far I have brewed/bottled a pale ale, a red, and a raspberry wheat, and each recipe a tweaked slightly (all extract w/specialty grains). I've spilled a lot of beer on my copy of "How to Brew." :D

I just brewed an extract IPA recipe that I made up, and I'm considering racking it to a secondary (5 gal glass carboy) for dry-hopping. I understand that this isn't necessary and I can just throw my hops into the primary, but I kind of want to use the secondary just for the experience... it's been a week and most recipes I've seen call for 1 week in the primary and 2 weeks in the secondary w/the dry-hops. Either way I hopped the hell out of it w/Simcoe, Cent & Citra, so I'm really looking forward to tasting it!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Secondary is a hassle, but I think if you have good sanitation practices it's not a major concern. Enjoy the beer, sounds good!

Back