New brewer here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scriv

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Mark. My lovely wife bought me a home brewing kit for Christmas, it's this with a glass carboy:

http://morebeer.com/products/personal-home-brewery-kit-3-bottling-deluxe-1.html

So I'm very familiar with drinking beer, but making it, not so much! She also bought me a copy of "How to Brew" and I've been busy reading. So much to learn!

Anyways, a forty-something beer drinker from Northern California here. Eager to learn a new hobby, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

We will be cooking up our first brew on Sunday, we are both really excited to get it going.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

That book's a great start, I also recommend the Basic Brewing video series, ask lots of questions, or do Google searches, it is amazing the depth of topics that have been covered on this site!

You've picked a fine reference to start with. That book's good for everything from walking you through your first batch, to dealing with some pretty advanced topics.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. It can seem daunting at first, but once you figure out your process and get things down, it's easy. And then you'll figure out what you like brewing, you'll have a good pipeline going, and it's all downhill from there. Building bigger, better set ups. Brewing bigger batches. Buying in bulk. Hell, you might eventually decide you actually want to get paid to do it and go pro. :mug:

Back