New Hops grower/member

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackForkHops

Reaction score
Thanks for the add! I'm a new grower in Ohio...and have much to learn! We had an unknown variety of hops growing on our barn when we bought the place in 1988 and decided to become hops growers as a retirement farm business. I have so much to learn. We started a little 'nursery' area to propagate those hops and this year's goal is to determine the variety. Tentative testing suggests Cluster. Is there even a market for this brand? Anyhow...I'm here to learn about beer, hops, and all that goes with it.
BlackForkHops

Thanks for the add! I'm a new grower in Ohio...and have much to learn! We had an unknown variety of hops growing on our barn when we bought the place in 1988 and decided to become hops growers as a retirement farm business. I have so much to learn. We started a little 'nursery' area to propagate those hops and this year's goal is to determine the variety. Tentative testing suggests Cluster. Is there even a market for this brand? Anyhow...I'm here to learn about beer, hops, and all that goes with it.
BlackForkHops
I've never came across Cluster before but just read Cluster is one of the oldest hop varieties grown in the United States. After hand picking almost 20 lbs off my 4 hop plants, I've concluded only the retired have that kind of time. Hope you have a picking machine or several unretired children. :thumbsup:

Back