New Brewer from WNY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnylaxfan18

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Been following on HBT for about 6 months and it has been very helpful. Got started in homebrewing about May of last year. Started with a Coopers kit and a Friends extra fermenters and now have the majority of my own equipment.

Just brewed an Irish Red for a little competition myself and 3 other friends are brewing. If anyone doesn't mind i'll post it and feel free to tweak it...

Cheers

I'm in Buffalo and also new to the brew game. I got a William's kit for X-Mas and about to try my third brew, a Chocolate Stout. I made an IPA and a Tripel, both from kits. The IPA is pretty good, the triple was just bottled and needs to age for a while.

If you need a good store, check out Niagara Tradition Homebrew on Sheridan Drive near Military Rd on the Buffalo/Tonawanda border.

Agreed about going to NT, those guys certainly know their stuff and are always willing to help...

Was it the Trippel kit from Williams in Cali? I was looking into getting that kit as well, got married in December so money was tight, but thank god for good ole new york state tax return.

Are you going to join any Brew Clubs in Buffalo?

Agreed about going to NT, those guys certainly know their stuff and are always willing to help...

Was it the Trippel kit from Williams in Cali? I was looking into getting that kit as well, got married in December so money was tight, but thank god for good ole new york state tax return.

Are you going to join any Brew Clubs in Buffalo?

No, it was the Brewferm kit. Kinda lame as it's a no-boil pre-hopped kit but I've heard they don't taste that bad. The IPA was from one of the kits at NTradition. I think I'll definitely join a local club. Just haven't found the time yet to search the right one out. I want to have some brews to bring along too. How about you?

Hey Everyone,
Been following on HBT for about 6 months and it has been very helpful. Got started in homebrewing about May of last year. Started with a Coopers kit and a Friends extra fermenters and now have the majority of my own equipment.

Just brewed an Irish Red for a little competition myself and 3 other friends are brewing. If anyone doesn't mind i'll post it and feel free to tweak it...

Cheers
greetings!

if it turns out good give the pearl street contest a shot. irish reds are due 3/31.
http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/drupal/images/competitionposter.pdf

No, it was the Brewferm kit. Kinda lame as it's a no-boil pre-hopped kit but I've heard they don't taste that bad. The IPA was from one of the kits at NTradition. I think I'll definitely join a local club. Just haven't found the time yet to search the right one out. I want to have some brews to bring along too. How about you?

If you want to check out a meeting the Sultans of Swig next meeting is Monday, Feb 21 at Gene McCarthy's, 73 Hamburg St. at 7:30 (usually people start showing up a little after 7 and have a couple pints from the bar to support them.) If you don't have any beer ready don't worry about it. If you do, try to bring 4 bottles to pass around.

Mike

If you want to check out a meeting the Sultans of Swig next meeting is Monday, Feb 21 at Gene McCarthy's, 73 Hamburg St. at 7:30 (usually people start showing up a little after 7 and have a couple pints from the bar to support them.) If you don't have any beer ready don't worry about it. If you do, try to bring 4 bottles to pass around.

Mike

Cool. I think I might stop by. I have some decent IPA's ready now. How long will they last? That's another question entirely.

Welcome! I've from Western MA, but my wife's got a lot of family in the Buffalo area so we tend to go out there a couple times a year.

Keep your eyes peeled for Community Brew Works, a really cool, very small (nano?) brewery that's starting up in downtown Buffalo. One of its founders is an HBT regular (sigafoos).

Mike
oops doublepost

Unfortunatly I work that night so I won't be able to make it out there.

I'm actually reading a book about the Brewing History of Buffalo. Tons of information about the history and that my last name is the same as a mayor in B-lo.

Back