New Brewer from MN...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakotabear

Reaction score
Hey everyone... Been lurking for a few weeks, and this site has been invaluable for helping me get going, and figured since I'm starting my first batch today, I'd introduce myself...

My name is Rob, from MN. Married with a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

IT Geek by profession, and avid outdoorsman.

I got the first seed of homebrewing planted in my my by Alton Brown's "Good Eats - Amber Waves"... Yes, I know he did some faux paus, but to his credit, he made it look so much easier and more accessible. I really thought it would have been much harder.

The thought laid dormant in the back of my head until about a month ago, I stumbled across Midwest Homebrewing Supplies, just a few miles away. I looked around, and was shocked how little of an upfront investment I needed to get going. Like any good hobby, there are plenty of opportunities to throw more money into in the future.

I didn't buy anything right away... I'm a researcher. I'm always looking for the best I can get, at the best price.

I read "How to Brew", and "The Everything Homebrewing Book", and began poking around the net looking for advice (which brought me here) and the best prices...

Luckily, Midwest was at the low end of price for everything I wanted, and right down the road. The staff was very helpful, and got me hooked up right a few days ago.

I finished building my own 50" copper tube simple immersion chiller last night, and am gearing up to do my first brew tonight.

I'm glad this site exists, and looks like there are some really great people here. I look forward to getting to know you.

Back