New Brewer from Missouri

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinkaidas

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have started by first 5 gallon batch of Autumn Amber Ale (Midwest Homebrewers Supplies kit) with the help of a more seasoned brewer. I've already ran into my first few problems ... started off with breaking the airlock pushing it into the carboy seal, and then let the temperature get up to about 79 degrees (on the outside of the carboy), before realizing it should be kept below 70 during fermentation....

It foamed up like crazy 12 - 36 hrs after adding the (dry) yeast, and then almost completely stopped foaming (when I realized the temp was high), but is still pushing out a little gas, so I think it's okay. I've got it back down to around 72 degrees now, slowly getting it below 70.

Looking forward to gaining vast amounts of knowledge in this forum.

:mug:

When you're ready, go here:
http://missourimaltsupply.com/

This can save you tons of money if you get into all grain, or just need supplies in general. It is much cheaper than the brew shop out in Chesterfield. Cheers.

That has to be one of the worst put together websites I have ever seen.:cross:

But I guess I am getting spoiled by living close to Apex :rockin:

Welcome to the site, and don't worry about the errors, it still makes beer. Although sometimes it tastes funky:eek:..... My first batch blew up all over my spare bedroom, I still find hops on the ceiling and wall. :drunk:

That has to be one of the worst put together websites I have ever seen.:cross:

But I guess I am getting spoiled by living close to Apex :rockin:

Welcome to the site, and don't worry about the errors, it still makes beer. Although sometimes it tastes funky:eek:..... My first batch blew up all over my spare bedroom, I still find hops on the ceiling and wall. :drunk:

Agree, the site is awful. Most contact with them is through email and pdf files list their stock and prices.

Latest posts

Back