New Brewer from Far Northern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robfromshasta

Reaction score
Greetings from the State of Jefferson. I posted a few replies over the weekend, and realized I havent yet introduced myself.

My dear wife thought I needed a hobby, and has suggested I take up home brewing. I have kind of burned out on trout and salmon fishing and am taking a break from it, still can't seem to master my favorite guitar riffs, so I gave in and am trying something new.

Well, a few extract brews later with some home kits, I was pleasantly supprised at how good it tasted, and got some suprised compliments from my friends who were skeptical of how a homebrew would taste at first.

Considering the heat of summer and the high temperatures, I have to keep the swamp cooler blowing direct on my fermenting bucket to keep it below 80 degrees, but as I sit here watching the Texas Rangers destroy the Red Sox on ESPN, i can peek over and see my airlock bubbling furiously on the cheap Munton's Mexican Cerveza kit I made the other day, and know that this third brew should come out just fine too.

My first two brews were "Home Brewing Kit" pilsners, so this is the first time trying something different.

I look forward to chatting it up with you guys in the future...

Back