New brewer from Central East Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggdaddymatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Name is Matt. I've been following some threads on here for awhile now and just decided to post an introduction. I started using a Mr Beer kit I got for Christmas and am planning on upgrading to a 5 gallon kit soon.

Thank you. This forum is full if info. I like it and know i will have tons of questions

Welcome fellow Ohio homebrewer! I just got into the obsession a little less than 2 months ago! :mug:

Yes. I do 5 gallon brews and I've been keeping it in my basement. My first few batches were staying in the low to mid 60's in the fermenting buckets/carboys and my last couple of batches have gone up in temp a bit but still have been in the upper 60's to low 70's as the outside temps have increased.

Wow. Thats cool. What all have you brewed so far? I have only done 2 batches of the mr beer so far.

I've done all extract kits so far. My first kit was a DIPA from Midwest Supply. And I've done Oberon and Fat Tire clones from Adventures in Homebrewing up in Michigan. I've got a Strawberry wheat that is about to go to secondary and I'm going to be brewing another Oberon clone and they are also both from AIB. Right now, extract kits are about all I have time for and to tell you the truth, the results have been so good that I really don't see the need to get into AG brewing.

What batches have you brewed from Mr. Beer?

I have done both styles of west coast pale ale. The one with booster that came with the kit and the all malt kit. The first batch turned out good but I think I messed up something on the all malt kit because it wasn't as great as the first. I'm wanting to go to the bigger 5 gal kits and try an American light kit from some of the sites I've seen.

I will as soon as I order my starter kit. I still haven't decided where I'm gonna order it from

Things have changed since I've last posted this intro. I still haven't done any 5 gallon kits. I have done 1 gallon kits from northern brewer with their 1 gallon starter kit. I have done in order their white house honey ale. Cream ale. American wheat and here recently their Irish red ale. I have switched from bottling to kegging. Got a refractometer. My brewing has gotten better over time. I would like to thank everyone that has helped me along my ventures. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Central Ohio here. Pre-novice brewer, inspired recently by a friend who showed me the ropes of an all-grain brew and am trying to do my homework and get knowledgable before I start my first batch.

Hoping to find some other Ohio folks on here!

Hello there,
I am a beer lover from north eastern ohio. Been trolling threads for awhile trying to learn the ropes. Plan on brewing my first batch within the next month. I have been making wine for a few years now and I decided to try my hand at what I love (beer)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back