New Brewer from C-Ville Va

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrown121500

Reaction score
Hey guys been watching this forum for about 2-3 weeks, started my first brew on Monday, 5 gal of Cider. Will be a low temp, slow ferment. Was very worried about it until today; when I started seeing the bubbles. All the advice said wait, so I waited, and you guys were right. But I am more of a instant result type of guy so I picked up a smaller 3 gal and am trying out the Apple Jack recipe. Got my first reading of 1.064, so I can figure what the ABV is in the end, but I cant seem to find the equation for that. Just stopping in to say hi, and thanks for the advice that you guys didnt know you guys were giving me.... Great stickies.

I'm new here too and on the other side of the Blue Ridge in Staunton. Some great breweries around to try out for sure! Welcome.

Panache, what have you been working on? Im mostly ciders, and will eventually move towards meads/cysers; the beers are still a little daunting to me.

Back