New Belgium Coming to Alabama?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillPall

Reaction score
Just talked to one of my bar-owner friends as well as another guy around town that sells beer and wine. Apparently, one of our distributors around here will begin distributing New Belgium beers in Alabama. From what I've heard, it's down to a fight between the Coors distributors and some other craft brew distributor. Sooo, for all you that live here in Alabama, we'll finally get to try that Fat Tire everyone's been talking about. :ban:

Just talked to one of my bar-owner friends as well as another guy around town that sells beer and wine. Apparently, one of our distributors around here will begin distributing New Belgium beers in Alabama. From what I've heard, it's down to a fight between the Coors distributors and some other craft brew distributor. Sooo, for all you that live here in Alabama, we'll finally get to try that Fat Tire everyone's been talking about. :ban:

quite honestly, Fat Tire peaked about five years ago. I think they changed the recipe......

I used to love that beer, but I don't anymore.....

sorry to burst your bubble! :mug:

No bubble has been burst here! I'm actually waiting on Stone and Russian River myself, but I'm always interested in trying new stuff. Sucks that they've went downhill though. I guess I'll stick with my Great Divide and enjoy a homebrew.

No bubble has been burst here! I'm actually waiting on Stone and Russian River myself, but I'm always interested in trying new stuff. Sucks that they've went downhill though. I guess I'll stick with my Great Divide and enjoy a homebrew.

you've got Dog Fish Head though, right?

Enjoy that until you get Stone!

I gave Fat Tire on tap another try tonight and did not dilslike it as much as usual. Perhaps one man's downhill is another man's improvement...

Nope, no Dogfish Head. According to my previously mentioned sources, they'll be heading to Florida before they get here. Of course, I can make a quick trip to Georgia (Auburn's about 20 minutes away) to grab some stuff. Just haven't done it yet.

Nope, no Dogfish Head. According to my previously mentioned sources, they'll be heading to Florida before they get here. Of course, I can make a quick trip to Georgia (Auburn's about 20 minutes away) to grab some stuff. Just haven't done it yet.

Doh! I was thinking about Georgia! I was in Atlanta last year and had some Dog Fish Head....

They got picked up by Dean Distro. here in in the upper midwest about 4 months ago. Love the 1554, and now Festival sells their 22oz bombers for 99 cents, lovin it!

I talked to the Stone rep last week, and he says they probably won't be in Alabama until they allow containers over 16 oz.

sucks......:(

Yeah it sucks about not being able to get Stone and Dog Fish.

I was just up in TN though and came back with 10 Stones and 24 Dog Fish. I got a bunch of other stuff too I just cant remember it all.

I went to the New Belgium brewery this summer and I really want their stuff to come here

I can't remember, I think it was dropped from the legislation to get higher gravity beers....

Not sure if it is going to be re-introduced.....

We did drop the size portion in favor of the abv portion of the bill. The thinking was that changing the abv was going to be the hardest part. The two things we are pushing for now are reforms to the "brew pub" laws and allowing bigger bottels.

Back