Never Ending Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruceb07

Reaction score
I brewed, partial mash, a Blue Moon clone 6 weeks ago. The brewing process went well however, the og was lower than expected. I pitched the yeast and after several days didnt see much activity. So I racked to clean carboy, mixed well and capped up. after a couple of days I began seeing some activity. I let it set for a week+ and still didnt see the activity I would expect. Now after about 3 weeks it still is producing small bubbles and doesn't look like it is going to finish. How long should I let it go before bottling? Is there anyway to ensure i'm not going to make bottle bombs?

What is the present gravity and how long has it been stable. Bubbles now are probably just co2 coming out of the solution not fermentation.

Btw when you transferred, if you shook to aerate, you probably oxygenated the already finished fermentation.

Do not bottle until you have checked the final gravity of the beer. Take a gravity and if it is not as low as predicted, post it and get some opinions on courses of action.

The brew is sitting at 1.015 which is where it has been, so I would say its done. Still some bubbles but it is beginning to clear, so I will let it sit for another week or so and bottle.

Latest posts

Back