Needing Help with Brewery Name/Logo Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon240

Reaction score
In the beginning of this obsession one of the most fun parts was trying to think of a brewery name and design a logo upon that. Well now I'm stuck between a few names. I'm second generation US born German/Dutch so some of the names involve various gods from those regions (Odin and such).

Two Raven Brewery (My favorite thus far, Odin is often symbolized with two ravens)
Loki's Den Brewery (Kinda liking this one as well)
Elements Brewery
Blue Mane Brewery (Lions are a big symbol in Dutch royalty)
Flying Dutchman Brewery (Well, this one is out because of Flying Dutchman Unlimited Aleworks(sp?) on the forum, but my grandfather was known as 'The Flying Dutchman' on the whaling ships he worked on in his 20's)

Also for some reason I've been on a artist block as far as actually designing a logo for any of these. I'm wanting something that could potentially be made into an actual brewpub that is German/Dutch influenced at some point (once I have the funding to open one). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think your names sound great!

I just took a short break and drew this up... don't know if you will like it or not....

two_ravens_brewing.png

I think your names sound great!

I just took a short break and drew this up... don't know if you will like it or not....

I like the concept, that's something I can do some work with. Perhaps have the ravens coming out/off of the helm...

I was thinking of doing a semi-demonic wolf head for the Loki's Den one (Loki's son that is supposed to kill Odin at the time of Ragnarok is a wolf.)

First go, added text and made it symmetrical. I have to start as a sketch so after vectoring some symmetry in the helm will go away as well as the wings. Once I get text to follow a path in gimp I'm going to probably make both the name and business type follow a path.... An extreme rough.
TworavenBP1.jpg

PS. The RUINATION by stone, not so ruining.

Also I doubt I'll use that text as I have yet to contact it's creator for use (I love it...) but it takes me a LONG time to produce text. It's atleast along the type I want to use (sort of)

What font is that? Did you add shading/shadowing or ? Sorry a little off topic but I like it (and your rough sketch up) a lot!

Thanks. I plan on making the upper text curved along the top and the lower curved along that (might draw the text by hand, have to find my tablet first though). Going to put red raven like eyes in the helm as well. Going to keep it to about 2-3 colors tops to keep it simple.

Just an update. Scrapping that original one, SWMBO made a comment about it looking too much like it belongs in WoW and now I can't get that out of my head. I have another idea that's in the works and I'm liking it a lot. When I get home I'll scan and make it clean and post.

Back