New brewery name... need logo help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmurph01

Reaction score
So, for the past year or so, my neighbor has been helping me brew and has been taking a bigger interest in it. We now currently go half in on all ingredients and equipment and the brewery (home brewery) has now become a joint effort.

As a thank you to him I have decided to rename the brewery. We call our houses "The Compound" and it has been a running joke with us since we both moved in. (new Development, new houses) So playing off that, I have decided to rename the brewery, "The Compound Brew Works"

I have zero skill in graphic design, photoshop, etc.. so I had a friend of mine put something together. I wanted a "compound" them with a bit of a brewery connection.

This is what he came up with:

While I like the overall feel and boldness of it, it is just lacking anything that says brewery, beer, etc..

Can anyone help?

I also need to come up with some new names for some of my beers as well, mainly my signature Wheatstone Bridge, an American honey wheat...

My initial observation on the logo is it reads "Comp"-"ound" to me. I know it was broken up that way to keep the symmetry in the logo but it doesn't seem like a natural break in the word.

What if you put something around the word compound (or the entire name for that matter) that was related to brewing? Maybe some hops or barley? This is based on the wikipedia entry for compound (I was googling images related to a compound and stumbled upon this). The wiki entry refers to a compound as being enclosed by a wall, fence, hedge or some other structure. That might not be very intuitive but it would incorporate something brewing related.

Just sent an email to Josh at BrewBrandCreative. I have used him in the past and I know he will give me precisely what I am looking for.

Back