Need temperature setting suggestion for Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHeadHarry

Reaction score
I just finished my Keezer build on a Danbury Freezer. I am using a johnson Temp controller. The freezer comes with an adjustment knob for temperature. What would be the optimal setting ( least cold, mid, coldest) on the freezer to promote best temperature control and longevity of the freezer.

Rodger that, was just wondering if having it at a particular setting would decrease wear and tear on the unit shutting on and off frequently and if more consistant temps are possible with a particular setting.

No, there would be no setting that matters, given the usage model: the cabinet temperature will never, ever approach the scope of the typical freezer thermostat, so said thermostat will always be trying to turn on the compressor, forever and ever...

Cheers!

Yeah, though it doesn’t matter for probably all of the chest freezers out there, you might as well turn it all of the way up (down? I mean the coldest setting) to ensure it’s out of the way if you want to turn your controller down to something just above freezing for cold crashing, etc.

Dan

Back