Need Pliny - Do me a solid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
HBT, I try not to beg but here I am. My club is having a holiday party this month and so many people haven't had the chance to try Pliny the Elder. I'd like to do something special for the membership. If anyone is willing to help me out, I could really use a 6 pack. Of course I'll pay for the product and the shipping cost or perhaps we can barter for BrewHardware.com goods. Either way, I'd really appreciate it.

Man! I was just In Santa Rosa on Monday. When do you need it by? I might be able to get by there in the next week or two.

im in SO CAL and nobody can get it here right now, their distributor (Stone) doesn't have it at all. They think it is just backed up and will be released soon. Again, when do you need it by?

As for that site i would call and ask them what the bottling date is on the bottles they are sending you first.

Wow that website is complete shyte. Looks like decent prices though. I might have to treat myself.

Bobby - If you're going to the trouble of getting pliny shipped across the country for club tastings; I'd highly recommend scuplin (ballast point) as well.

There's a big contingent of us (at least in AZ), that prefer sculpin over pliny...

Let me see what I can find locally. I haven't seen Pliny around in a while, but I haven't looked very hard lately.

If you can't/don't want to order from that site, I'd be happy to help you out.

That web site seems kinda dodgy.

When I click on the logo link to the front of the site, several of the images have Lorem Ipsum text and the featured wines are $00.00.

Blackwell's Wine & Spirits

:drunk:

The issue is that they don't have a web store front of their own, so they go through wine commune. I don't know much about them, but the one transaction I did with them went fine. It took about a week for them to ship because they ran out of Pliny before the shipped my order and they had to wait for more to come in. I even e-mailed them to check on the order, and the guy got back to me within a day.

I ordered some from a sit called
more wines. Shipping was around $30(I think) for 8 beers

I ordered some from a sit called
more wines. Shipping was around $30(I think) for 8 beers

That's another site I've seen selling Pliny that a few other people have mentioned, but they've been out of stock forever.

Our party is this month on the 21st. However, I am going to be out in Denver (Lakewood) next week and I will have a car. Are there any really good bottle shops around there? I don't mind shipping them home myself. I personally don't think Pliny is the end all of IPAs by any means but it's a novelty for the fellas.

Our party is this month on the 21st. However, I am going to be out in Denver (Lakewood) next week and I will have a car. Are there any really good bottle shops around there? I don't mind shipping them home myself. I personally don't think Pliny is the end all of IPAs by any means but it's a novelty for the fellas.

I live in Denver and there are a few places that do have it but generally they limit you to one bottle. There is one store close to me that does allow you to get up to for. Argonaut Liquor - Buy Wine Online - Colorado Wine Store. I usually buy 4 at a time for beer trades. Falling Rock Has Pliny and Blind Pig on tap. If you want I can get my name on the list for 4 bottles. PM Me.

What brings you to Lakewood of all places?

That's what got me to mail order it. Just the novelty of saying I've at least tried it.

Argonaut is good. Chambers Discount Liquor in Aurora has it occasionally. Davidsons, I believe, has it occasionally.

If you want a novelty, and the best IPA I've ever had (I've been to RR), Cigar City's Humidor Series IPA is it. Aged on Spanish Cedar, it's mind-blowing. IMO, of course ;)

Blackwell's Wine & Spirits is where I got mine.

BTW they ship in strofoam 12pk container thngs, so shipping for 12 bottles is only like $3 more then shipping for 1 bottle. SO you should order up 12 bottles to get the best bang for your buck.

Mile Hi Wine and Spirits in Lakewood rocks.

Mile High Wine and Spirits - Belmar Colorado Liquor Store - Large Beer and Wine Selection

They sometimes have Pliny, but generally don't. Lots of other good stuff.

Bobby - If you're going to the trouble of getting pliny shipped across the country for club tastings; I'd highly recommend scuplin (ballast point) as well.

There's a big contingent of us (at least in AZ), that prefer sculpin over pliny...

And if you can't find any Ballast Point Scuplin try asking for Sculpin too.

Bobby - don't trust calling to see about inventory...

I was in CO Springs over Christmas and went to a place that said they had four 6ers of pliny left. They ended up having none. Well, except for one 500mL bottle in the back that they sold to me even though they were holding it for someone else. :drunk:

However, I am going to be out in Denver (Lakewood) next week and I will have a car. Are there any really good bottle shops around there?

Yes, Pliny does have a pretty good distribution around the Denver area, but just like everywhere when it rains Pliny it pours.

Here's Russian Rivers distribution list of Colorado. http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pages/accounts/colorado.html You'll have to call around to see when the shops will be expecting shipments, and/or which shops have it in stock while you are there. I was able to buy a few bottles from Colorado Liquor Mart when I was there for GABF this year. A good number of shops keep it behind the counter, so don't be discouraged if it's not on the shelf.

Yes, Pliny does have a pretty good distribution around the Denver area, but just like everywhere when it rains Pliny it pours.

Here's Russian Rivers distribution list of Colorado. Russian River Brewing Co. You'll have to call around to see when the shops will be expecting shipments, and/or which shops have it in stock while you are there. I was able to buy a few bottles from Colorado Liquor Mart when I was there for GABF this year. A good number of shops keep it behind the counter, so don't be discouraged if it's not on the shelf.

A lot of these places are bars/restaraunts

If you want a novelty, and the best IPA I've ever had (I've been to RR), Cigar City's Humidor Series IPA is it. Aged on Spanish Cedar, it's mind-blowing. IMO, of course ;)

Just came back from spending a couple weeks in Tampa for the holidays, and drank quite a bit of Cigar City while I was there. That's some good stuff...

I've ordered from Blackwell's before, great experience. I will be using them again in the future for harder to find west coast beers. They also have an email list you can get on for new beers they get.
-Jason

passedpawn said:

Weird. I'm a huge CCB fanboy and Tampa resident, and I didn't like humidor IPA at all. TBH I don't like white oak jai alai either, so maybe I just hate wood infused IPAs.

Latest posts

Back