Need Pliny - Do me a solid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think they'll get it by next Thursday?

I just called them again today and I was told that they would be in the first week in February. They could come in sooner, it has happened. I know you need them sooner but if you want them any way let me know and we can work out a beer trade when I get them. I reserved 4 bottles. the maximum allowed.

passedpawn said:
If you want a novelty, and the best IPA I've ever had (I've been to RR), Cigar City's Humidor Series IPA is it. Aged on Spanish Cedar, it's mind-blowing. IMO, of course ;)

I have to agree, the Humidor series is very good, and from what I've seen, you aren't getting if outside of Florida, so also very novel. I was concerned, as their Jai Alai IPA is good but not my style (I prefer strong hop aroma and flavor over bitterness), but I really liked Humidor. Just had some last night, in fact.

just got my 4 bombers of Pliny from Blackwell's Wine and Spirits, the site linked at the beginning of the thread. took about a week, they came well packed in foam tubes. can't wait to crack the first one and try Pliny for the first time!

edit: just split the first bottle with my wife. gotta say it's a very solid IPA, really liked it. i totally get why it's so hyped, good beer! :mug:

My sister lives in san francisco. She sent me a bottle of pliney and a bottle of rogue voodoo doughnut for christmas. Good sister.

Can't help source it... just commenting...

I did something similar for my small brew club. I got 2 from a friend out there. I drank one on NYE and brought the other to pass around the club. Good on you for the gift Bobby.

i got the last two from my brew store last night. The gentleman working there said they dont even bother making room for it on the shelf. It was really really good

That voodoo doughnut was terrible. I had high hopes. It was not good lol

objectively, I disagree. I thought the intended flavors were well expressed and I didn't taste any flaw. subjectively, I can understand not liking those flavors.

It's at mile high spirits now. Limit one, maybe you can sweet talk them.

ForumRunner_20120118_122145.jpg

Back