Need names of terrible beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all reminding me of my friend in high school who used to stash 30 stones by the lake at his house during the summer in TX. When I pointed out to him that keeping beer out in the sun and heat might not be the best idea, he explained to me that it was OK with Keystone because it will never go bad. "For it to go bad would require it to become worse, and we both know that isn't gonna happen."

Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic sucks.

Wild Blue is one of the worst I've ever had, doesn't even taste like beer.

But my vote goes to:

-St Pauli Girl. An over-carbonated, tasteless crap-fest, that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I haven't had a cherry wheat in 5 years or so, so my memory might be a little off, but I never had a problem with it. I mean, it wasn't great or even good in any way, shape, or form, but it didn't actively assault your tastebuds with putrid cranberries like the fingerquotes "lambic" did.

That's the thing. I'm pretty sure Sam really changed the recipe on the Cherry Wheat. I drank a bunch of them maybe 7 years ago and liked it...the cherry flavor was really subdued. It tasted like a decent wheat beer with nuanced cherry flavor.

Then maybe 3 years ago, I tried another one and then I tried another one this past year. Those two batches were undrinkable and nothing like I remembered. WAY too sweet, tastes like cough medicine, etc. It barely tasted like beer.

I hate to say it but Magic Hat Hex is awful. I had it and the taste reminded me of the smell of vomit and I am not saying that jokingly.

I saw this and had to try it.... Seaweed beer.....Pretty bad!

scotland-kelpie-ale.jpg

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12142/1556

I literally had this in my hand Sunday afternoon at the liquor store lol...I opted for something else and told myself I'd get it next time. Glad I saw your review, I'll probably pass now. Or try it just to see how bad it is...

I actually liked the Seaweed ale. It doesn't taste like Seaweed. Kind of sweet. You should try it.

four-loko02.jpg

Nothing can beat a warm Four Loko in a competition like this. Not sure if it's really beer, I consider it a malt liquor....
Any flavor is awful, but I always hear that Grape is the worst.

**Disclaimer** person in photo is not me... thank God

Honorable mention would go to Olympia if you can find it outside of WA.

Olympia Beer has no affiliation with Washington anymore, and it doesn't resemble what it used to be. I live less than a mile from the original brewery.

Natty Boh has to be up there. I was weened on that stuff in high school. Jacobs Best as well.

I've got to throw a big solid vote in for Sam Adam's Triple Bock. It's still on shelves around here and I made the mistake of thinking I found something special. Uck. Down the drain.

Runner up: Vanilla Bourbon Barrel something from one of the BMCs...Down the drain.

Third: Another vote for Wild Blueberry. That one didn't go down the drain, but it was "donated" to someone a little less picky.

curlyfat said:
I've got to throw a big solid vote in for Sam Adam's Triple Bock. It's still on shelves around here and I made the mistake of thinking I found something special. Uck. Down the drain.

WOW, SA triple bock actually gets an excellent score by the Bros at beer advocate!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/111/

Maybe you just don't like the style!

WOW, SA triple bock actually gets an excellent score by the Bros at beer advocate!

I think the biggest problem with that beer other than not being good in the first place, is the faulty, crappy cork they put in it. It seems like most of time it was compromised by oxygen and infection when it's tasted.

Lone Star. Back in college, we used to be able to find that stuff in the bottle for $10 a case. Even at that time, we felt our $10 could be put to better use. Like for example a 30-pack of Bud Dry and some Taco Bell.

I'm gonna get crap for this one but I HATE Blue Moon!

i too hate blue moon. let me tell you guys about some other beers i hate. heiniken and miller lite. ew. now for the beers i have actually not finished. SA cherry wheat (SA artificial cherry flavored beer?) boddingtons. ew. and there was another beer that had the nitrogen, think it was called wexford irish cream ale or something.

i'm ok with the nitro on stouts. these two beers just didnt have enough flavor for me. kind of metalic tasting. i think with out the bubbles there just isn't enough to bring the hop flavors to the tounge (and im no hop head by anymeans.) these are just ****ty beers.

also what kind a folks are gonna drink the beers? do they know anything about beer or just wanna drink something nasty? if i were gonna try to gross someone out i might pour a non fruited lambic. they're ok to me. but they have kind of a sweet vinigary taste that i may not want to drink if i didnt know what it was.

The only Magic Hat that I've really liked was their Howl winter beer. Everything else has been "meh". I'll throw another vote for Wild Blue, also....

Much love to the BA guys, but Todd's wrong about this one. I would assign Triple Bock to the same style as fermented products like Thai fish sauce and worcestershire. The member reviews are priceless:

-"Soy sauce with a dash of Robitussin."
-"Onions, salt, cheap alcohol and vomit"
-"Needed a rape shower after drinking it"
-"Soy sauce soaked wood."
-"Rubbing alcohol, chocolate, rum barrel, oak, diarrhea, and possibly some buffalo hot wing induced vomit."
-"The stir fry of the damned consists of the rotting remains of chairman Mao along with the absolute horrid reduced flavors of the dead laborers used to fill the Great Wall of China."
-"Bill you are an ******* for making me drink this..."

There are some good reviews but I suspect they are from people rationalizing their expen$$$ive purchase of an umami bomb.

I'm gonna get crap for this one but I HATE Blue Moon!

Blue Moon is "craft beer" for the uninitiated. Anytime I'm at the beer store and I see someone picking up that or the shock top wheat I tell them to grab a pack of Hoegardden or White Rascal or Blanche Bruxelles.

Schmidt beer was the worst I ever tasted. Remove every other letter from the name to find out what it tasted like..........

NRS

Blue Moon is "craft beer" for the uninitiated. Anytime I'm at the beer store and I see someone picking up that or the shock top wheat I tell them to grab a pack of Hoegardden or White Rascal or Blanche Bruxelles.

oooo!!! Speaking of! If you can find any get a bottle of Blue Moon Gran Cru. It's Blue Moon but sweetened to hell. A friend of mine bought a bottle. We tried to split it but I just couldn't force it down.

Back