Need homebrewers feedback to make my app better

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewswap

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I released a craft beer trade app and I specifically asked users if they would be interested in trading for homebrews and all users I asked said yes. I'd like to get your feedback as to how I can make this app better for homebrewers. It's called Brewswap and it's available for iPhone only at the moment, Android version will be out by end of year. I want to hear what you as homebrewers would like most out of the experience. To start, we'll be creating "verified" sort of accounts for homebrewers which identify you with a badge of sorts like a verified account on Twitter.

I think it would be a great tool for homebrewers to use to trade with homebrewers from all across the country as well as with reg craft traders who like to try different homebrews. Let me know how I can make it better for you guys and how the app can help get your name out there better. As a homebrewer, what would you like to see on it? I am all ears. All your input will help us as we develop the features- Thanks!!

Interesting idea.

Obviously a homebrewer's credentials could be important. If a homebrewer could be somehow ranked upon competition winnings it could certainly benefit some of the decorated homebrewers in regards to trading their award winning Brews for others or for decent commercial beers.

This would have to be verified, which would be a lot of work on your behalf.

It would be interesting to have a rating and review section for homebrewers and homebrews which could drive up the desire to acquire certain homebrews through trade.

However, often when I wanna try someone's brew I usually just brew it.

There's a lot of potential issues here as well. We are passionate about how much this hobby stays outside of the pretentious snobbery surrounding online ratings and reviews so maybe that's a consideration.

Another thought is that we already have multiple Homebrew exchanges, not to say this couldn't be expanded, but it would be a good idea to look at how this is done on a local scale and how it's kept interesting and inclusive on a national scale. From your research into this you could implement a grouping function on your app where for example I could either connect with members of HBT or connect with members in the Halifax area to meet up for trades.

One huge thing to consider is the costs for us to send packaged beer and the legalities of sending over borders. A lot of us spend quite a bit of cash sending beers to competitions where we receive critical feedback. It would be insanely expensive to complete the exchange of a bottle of Homebrew with a nice commercial example.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

As far as I am concerned it is not even something to look at until it is on Android also. I no longer use anything Apple....

I cannot really add anything useful because it is something that I am unlikely to use personally. Others may like it though.

Good luck.

I like the idea but I too and Android only but once it is up and running Android I would give a spin. I would be using more for looking local brewers to trade with. :mug:

Interesting idea.

Obviously a homebrewer's credentials could be important. If a homebrewer could be somehow ranked upon competition winnings it could certainly benefit some of the decorated homebrewers in regards to trading their award winning Brews for others or for decent commercial beers.

This would have to be verified, which would be a lot of work on your behalf.

It would be interesting to have a rating and review section for homebrewers and homebrews which could drive up the desire to acquire certain homebrews through trade.

However, often when I wanna try someone's brew I usually just brew it.

There's a lot of potential issues here as well. We are passionate about how much this hobby stays outside of the pretentious snobbery surrounding online ratings and reviews so maybe that's a consideration.

Another thought is that we already have multiple Homebrew exchanges, not to say this couldn't be expanded, but it would be a good idea to look at how this is done on a local scale and how it's kept interesting and inclusive on a national scale. From your research into this you could implement a grouping function on your app where for example I could either connect with members of HBT or connect with members in the Halifax area to meet up for trades.

One huge thing to consider is the costs for us to send packaged beer and the legalities of sending over borders. A lot of us spend quite a bit of cash sending beers to competitions where we receive critical feedback. It would be insanely expensive to complete the exchange of a bottle of Homebrew with a nice commercial example.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Wow this is incredible feedback- exactly what I am looking for. These are awesome suggestions and very good insights into concerns within the community. I have personally reimbursed a homebrewer to receive his new brews so I was thinking that this app could give homebrewer's the chance to get their brand out there and match up with potential "enthusiasts" who would be willing to reimburse them for future costs if you know what i mean?

I like the idea but I too and Android only but once it is up and running Android I would give a spin. I would be using more for looking local brewers to trade with. :mug:
:D Android WILL def be out!! So many craft beer enthusiasts in general that I have spoken to are on that platform so its top priority for us. Thank you for the support- I will make sure that when we roll out the feature, we also make sure users have the ability to see nearby brewers

As far as I am concerned it is not even something to look at until it is on Android also. I no longer use anything Apple....

I cannot really add anything useful because it is something that I am unlikely to use personally. Others may like it though.

Good luck.
i hear ya! working hard to get things aligned so that work can begin on the droid platform. thanks for the feedback!

Surely more homebrewers have some thoughts :D
The more feedback the better! Please don't hesitate, cheers

Back