Need help troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakman619

Reaction score
I tossed together a five gallon batch of carbonated water, as my wife's been blowing a lot of money on bottles. I forced carbed at 60 psi for five minutes, degassed, set to 12 PSI (with 15ft of beer line) and I have water spraying where the L-shaped tube (inserted the beer line) and the tap connect.

Can you guys help me trouble shoot this? I've tried adjusting the small nut, decreasing pressure...I've only kegged a handful of batches, but I've never had this issue.

I'm hoping it's just a simple bone-head mistake I'm making . Thanks in advance!

IMG_0321 (2).jpg

That's an unusual tailpiece, most thread around the beer shank, not into it.
In any case if that's a flare fitting there should be a gasket in there...

Cheers!

I ended up Mcguyvering it with some plumbers tape. Not an ideal solution but it did the job.

Perhaps I'll look into another shank setup

That's an unusual tailpiece, most thread around the beer shank, not into it.
In any case if that's a flare fitting there should be a gasket in there...

Cheers!

A gasket in a flare fitting? That's a new one on me.

Is that just a beverage liquid-line thing? Flare fittings used in industry and residential plumbing don't ever use gaskets.

Might be - it is definitely not brass gas flare fitting tech.
Both ends of a Sanke beer line have gaskets between the sealing faces, for instance.
And the 1/4" flare fittings used with Cornelius kegs use shaped nylon gaskets...

Cheers!

Back