need an online site to order from..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Zac

Reaction score
So i moved to santa barbara a few months ago for school and since then have not brewed due to the lack of a local store. where can i go ONLINE to find cheap, quality supplies. Being a college student i'm more focused on the cheap part of it. I need everything from bottle caps to ingredients. Thanks!

More beer is out on the west coast and has flat rate shipping. Northern Brewer also has great products with flat rate shipping. You might wait one extra day for northern because they are located in Minnesota.

For some of the ingredients, I can recommend Farmhouse Brewing Supply (in the vendor listing on the main page)... Got 20# of MO from them at $1.21/# (milled)... They have a good selection of hops, with most in the $1-$1.25/oz price range (4oz packets, discounts when you order multiple packets)... Basically, I got 2#'s of hops for less than I would have paid for just one pound from the LHBS. I got 4 different types of hops too, so I'm happy... They ship the grain in 5 pound bags (for the 10# of UK 2 Row, and 20# of MO I ordered) which makes it easier to store, and use. Specialty grains come in 1# bags, also easier to use/store.

I'm already drafting my next order with them. Shipping from Wisconsin to MA (where I am) was on target (3 days via UPS ground). I have someone coming out on Sunday for brew-day that ordered an IC from MidWest on last Sunday. It shipped out on Wednesday, and isn't slated to arrive until 1/5... That extra 3 days to get it out the door (or to the loading dock) has made it so that we won't have the IC to use this weekend. So if you don't have more than a week before you need something from MW, make sure you go with fast shipping. Or call them to get it through the process faster.

Latest posts

Back