Need advice on Fridge kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrozenWinter

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered already, i searched but didnt find anything.
Well my last kegerator finally quit working. So now its time to build a new one.
My last one was a fairly standard chest freezer build but this time im doing it a little different.
I've decided to use a fridge instead so that i dont have to deal with lifting full kegs into a chest freezer while avoiding my regulator, serving lines and gas lines.

I got a 15.5 cu ft fridge at home depot and its perfect for my 4 kegs, the only problem im having is how to run my co2 line in to my regulator.
Any advice on how to drill a hole in the side of my brand new fridge without busting a coolant line?

If the running of the lines is not obvious do some research on service sites to reveal your particular models setup.
Best of luck!
Drilling through a new fridge makes your butt pucker. LOL

If the running of the lines is not obvious do some research on service sites to reveal your particular models setup.
Best of luck!
Drilling through a new fridge makes your butt pucker. LOL

I've been searching but i have yet to find any info.
i dont know if there are lines in the side or not.

Know of any sites that might have the information i need?

Looking at the Home Depot site the current 15.5 fridge offerings are all the same GE unit in various finishes.
Using that info it's easy enough to find exploded view diagrams.
For that model, it appears there's nothing running in the side walls, so if that's what you bought, you're good to drill...

Cheers!

Research it heavily, then try a mixture of corn starch and vodka on it. The temperature difference where the lines are will cause the vodka to evaporate, showing you their position in the corn starch.

Research it heavily, then try a mixture of corn starch and vodka on it. The temperature difference where the lines are will cause the vodka to evaporate, showing you their position in the corn starch.

Ok, now this is Genuis.
Thanks!!:mug:

Back