National Homebrew Day Plans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your plans for National Homebrew Day?

• Brewing, With Others Brewing (Homebrew Club, etc)

• Brewing Solo, With Others There

• Brewing Alone, With No One There to Celebrate

• Unable to Brew

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone pick up new equipment in preparation?

I'll be brewing for the first time with my keggle, and I will have to prepare before hand to figure out volume levels.

I'll be off on a trip with the co-head brewer for our anniversary. We've done nothing but brew and plan the brewery for the last few months, and we'll be brewing as soon as we get back (three batches to do in the first week we're back!) so hopefully it all balances out.

I bought a whole kegging system in preparation for this/my birthday on the 8th, and brewed a dark ipa months ago for such an occasion. It is SOOOO nice coming home to a beer on tap :)

Mashing.

ForumRunner_20120505_113745.jpg

Nice!

We had a kickass Iron Big Brew where I brewed 5 batches over a non stop 24 hour period starting the night before, through the night and all day Saturday. Nobody gave Leif a purple nurple though but we will be donating a charitable gift to Big Brothers and Big Sisters anyway.

Made a starter for my dusseldorf alt which I'm brewing next weekend. Left the stove on too hot and had a huge mess in the kitchen.

Well ****. I didn't brew this weekend, but I am tempted to go home and brew right now. All I need is for someone to repost that "do it" thing.

mcarb said:
well ****. I didn't brew this weekend, but i am tempted to go home and brew right now. All i need is for someone to repost that "do it" thing.

do it

Brewed a Bells Two Hearted Clone and right now drinking my own Maris Otter / Willamette IPA.... and its also my birthday so far a real good day.

had a coworker and his girl over for an apa brewing and smoked salmon/burgers on the grill (he also tasted all of my homebrew currently in bottles and we had a delicious old vine zin with dinner)
then he twisted my arm to join him out with other coworkers for cinco de mayo and we got home at five am
all in all a pretty good weekend (and nice to have somebody else try my beer)

Well I missed it by a day, but I was gifted a summer Saison by my roommates, so now I'm brewing that up :)

Could not brew on Big Brew day, but hung around and chatted with some of my club's members who were brewing. Our local brew shop (South Shore Homebrew Emporium in Weymouth, MA) gave out the ingredients to all the brewers for free and everyone brewed in their parking lot. They also had two kegs full of water that they kept heating so everyone could get pre-heated water. Over 60 brewers took part ranging from people using their kitchen pots to 2 guys who had a professional looking set up (keg kettle, plate chiller, pumps, etc.).

Back