n/a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springfieldxd

Reaction score
I just recently got into homebrewing and showed this process to my dad. He thought that it was really cool. I would love to do the father son thing with him except he has been sober for 20 yrs. The question I have is there anyway to brew different flavors of non alcoholic in the same way?

You can get low alcohol beer with normal brewing practices but NA beer will require equipment not available to the normal homebrewer, or even brewer for that matter.
To brew a low alcohol beer and evaporate the alcohol will skew the flavours we get when making beer as far as I know.

I just recently got into homebrewing and showed this process to my dad. He thought that it was really cool. I would love to do the father son thing with him except he has been sober for 20 yrs. The question I have is there anyway to brew different flavors of non alcoholic in the same way?

Why not make some soda's with your dad?

You can get low alcohol beer with normal brewing practices but NA beer will require equipment not available to the normal homebrewer, or even brewer for that matter.
To brew a low alcohol beer and evaporate the alcohol will skew the flavours we get when making beer as far as I know.

I have heard that it is quite the extensive process I thought that someone may have an easier way.

Why not make some soda's with your dad?

I am planning on doing that also. We usually drink beers together hunting and at bbq contests just thought it would be a great thing to do together.

Even n/a beer has a small amount of alcohol in it. If drinking was ever a problem for someone, n/a beer can cause the same issues as regular alcohol.

How would you alter the recipe to get really low abv levels? could you simmer the finished beer then force carbonate in a corney keg?

I have thought allot about this. There are times when I would really like a good beer or two but not have the effects of the alcohol. I think I'm going to try the heat to 180 for 30 minutes. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I guess you could make a really low gravity brew and somehow keep it in the respiration phase since during that phase they don't produce alcohol. i dunno

Latest posts

Back